There are some forums that talked a little about resolutions this year, but do you have any goals for your blog?

I've been blogging for three years now, and was suddenly inspired to take on a new project. In 2013, I'll be blogging every day. Plus, I have some other goals to be more active on 20sb and find some great new blogs to read, as lots of the people I started 20sb with have quit. D:

What are you blogging goals?

Views: 489

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blogging daily seems like an intimidating task, if I do 3+ a week, I'm content with that.

My biggest goal for 2013, is now that I've divided my blog into a personal one and a professional one; I want to develop my science writing skills (for the public, as opposed to being just for paper writing). Hopefully the division of my blog will result in both of them growing over this year.

I know I can't write 7 days a week...and personally I rarely follow blogs that post that much.  It's a quality v. quantity thing for me.  3-4 a week is what works for me.

It's been challenging for sure, not only putting up the post daily, but making them work that I'm proud to put my name on. It's an excellent exercise though, and helps me get rid of the "I have nothing to blog about" excuse. So far my readers have been fantastic and supportive, and I hope they continue to be that way.

I'd really like to cultivate more of an online community. I've been slacking in that aspect and I really think it will help me this year to post more consistently. I also want to figure out where my blog should go, my "niche" and how to write well enough to affect my audience (what little I do have, if any) the way I want to! 

2012 was a terrible year for my blog. It was my first full year as a freelance writer, and at the end of the work day I just didn't have any energy for my blog. I also made the mistake (early on) to combine my professional and personal personas on Twitter. Now I feel like my blog isn't such a safe space anymore. I'm working through that though.

My goals for 2013 is to start blogging regularly again, and not just for the sake of posting, but because I feel like writing. And like most of you, I'd like to find some new blogs to read. I have a whole mental list of 20SBers I need to check out!

Good luck to everyone with their goals!

At the end of last year I found 3 large boxes full of of family photos. I had planned to take around 3 of them out on a fortnightly biases and blog about what it was I remembered from the photograph and told a story from it. I managed one before the end of last year. I feel it's a great and strong idea to do.. This year I'm planning to run with this idea and do it a lot more!

That seems like a really neat idea! I've contemplated doing something similar, because I do have a lot of crazy and fun stories from when I grew up.

Also, for the past couple of years, my mom has been sorting through many of my grandparents' things (grandfather passed in 2009, grandmother in 2012) including very old photos, mementos, and my grandmother's journals. I've thought about reading through some of her journals and blogging about some of those long forgotten things.

Thanks! I was rather pleased when I came up with the idea myself. I really think I can get at least a few months worth of stories out of the boxes lol. I'm a big fan of the past and how people used to live, So I'd be very interested in reading about other peoples lives from a time I might not remember very well. More so if they're from another part of the world.

I'd like to make more vlogs, be more consistent about commenting (the downside to clearing out my GReader on my phone before I get up in the mornings is that I then forget to go and comment on the awesome posts I've read!), and be more active on 20SB before I hit the dreaded 3-0 in April! 

Also, to meet up with more blog friends. The list of 20SB blog friends that I'll be meeting up with in the next three weeks is now up to seven, but I'm sure I can add a few more over the rest of the year once I'm back in Australia!

You don't get kicked out at 30! NEVER LEAVE. :(

I want to do more vlogs too but IT'S SO AWKWARD.

My biggest goal is to blog more than twice a month. Though I'm already failing, but the month/year is still young. I also want to read more blogs and comment on them since I stopped doing that.

^ this has been fail boat. =/ I really need to get on this.

RSS

Welcome to 20SB!

Social

© 2014   Created by Lisa.   Powered by

|  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service