I recently wrote a personal post about my own experience with depression called "Wearing a Silver Ribbon" in response to Jennifer Lawson's "The Fight Goes On".

Have you or someone you loved gone through depression? What was the experience like for you? Also, if you've written your own post about your experience, please share them.

Tags: depression

Views: 181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I always seemed to get seriously depressed during the winter, and then I'd be happy as a clam once spring/summer rolled back around. It runs in my family, actually.

I've struggled with the depression/anxiety combo pack for awhile but have never really blogged about it.
I did blog about my friend's suicide attempt though.  http://trashrocktour.blogspot.com/2011/12/heavy-stuff.html

It was an incident that caused me to evaluate my own life and change some things up. 

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I've lived with neurotic depression (also known as dysthymia) for my entire life. I haven't ever written a specific post about it, but neurotic depression is more difficult to quantify into singular experiences. But it still comes through pretty heavily in my writing.

In fact, I would say that it's the primary reason that I write at all.

http://ultimategourmet.blogspot.com

I have clinical depression and an anxiety disorder. I've had depression pretty much my whole life but was first diagnosed by a dr when I was 13. I've struggled with it a lot and I'm not on medication or in therapy and I also have the mix of pregnancy hormones thrown in right now so it's been rough. It's something I know I will always have to deal with and struggle with in my life. Even if I did get on medication to control my depression/anxiety...it would still be something to deal with on a daily basis for me.

I can't really link you to a specific post on my blog because I'm really open about my depression/anxiety and reference it often. I hope, one day, for my blog and myself to be a resource for young girls with depression because I remember how lonely it was thinking you're a freak and being ashamed and feeling like no one else feels the same way you do. Here's my blog: http://likeabirdblog.com/

I haven't been officially diagnosed, but from learning about it in school and whatnot, I know I'm going through some sort of depressive disorder.

I have highs and lows. Most days, I feel really good, but then something will come up that will just cripple me and my emotions, my self-esteem, put my self-concept clarity into question, yadda yadda. It's been happening a lot since, first, the passing of my mother a couple years ago and, second, as I mourn the death of a couple really good friendships (yes, the loss of friendships has a grieving process, too).

For the most part, I try to focus on myself and my happiness. I try to surround myself with people who make me feel good and happy. I've been accomplishing a lot with my weight loss and crafts lately, so I've been feeling really good. But being in school and being constantly busy does take it's toll on me, physically, psychologically, emotionally.

I haven't written about my ordeals in my blog; I try not to drag others down. Through trial and error, I've been working through my problems and I like to try to help others whenever possible. I mean... I can give advice that I've seen help some people and myself, and I can give people information that I've learned in my undergraduate studies (psychology). It's a long, hard, mean battle, but there's a silver lining. I really do believe that.

I've struggled depression ever since I hit my teens. It's just one of those things that has coloured my life.

I've never actually written a specific post about it, just because I don't quite understand it. But it's there; constantly, and it affects my writing. I write about my "dark days" when my OCD or depression flares up and I find it hard to function, and I write about my "normal" days when there seems to be no hindrance to my day-to-day life.

It's just a part of me, a part of my life, and it's there. It'll probably always be there...

very interesting!

I have written a lot about my anxiety - which is a form of depression. My latest post on the subject was kind of a "one year later" blog about how things have changes/stayed the same since my diagnosis. 

http://websterslaw.blogspot.com/2012/02/lets-talkagain.html

RSS

Welcome to 20SB!

Social

© 2014   Created by Lisa.   Powered by

|  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service