Ok, everybody is all crazy about the number of followers even though half of them rarely read the blog and 1/4 actually comments.

I don't get it. What I want is reaction. I don't write my blog just to have loads of people following it and half-heartedly saying they 'really really love it'.

I want discussion, people saying what they think about my posts, sharing their experience or ideas. Is that so much? Then sorry... 

When I follow I read and comment...it seems as a common sense to me. :)

If you are anything like me, have a look at my blog and decide for yourself whether you like it or not and I will do the same :)
http://czech-made.blogspot.com/

Tags: blogging, comments, followers, readers

Views: 3

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

yeah, padding numbers is meaningless compared to having real people read your blog because they like it. nice topic.
lifeandtimesofmatthewsmith.tumblr.com
Glad you see it like this, guys. :) I don't feel so alone now, thanks.

Anyway, about the comments issue, I like provoking discussions ( just to see how and what people think). If nobody comments I feel like I have failed. But that's just me. :)
I totally agree. I look forward to reading your blog and hope you'll check mine out!

www.confessionsofaphillygirl.blogspot.com
I starting blogging (other than livejournal) with this new year and I will admit, I used to care about the number of followers that I had. It was until I wrote (what I thought to be) my best post yet and not one person commented on it that I realized that I needed to obtain more readers than followers.

One thing I have learned from this site and and from viewing other blogs is that you need to be patient. The blogs that seem to have a large readership have been around for a while and also the blogger has had the time to develop their writing style and is able to clearly get their message across.

I hope that having my blog and being a member of this site will help me to become a better writer and make it easier for me to relate to a larger audience.

Its a work in process but here - Color Me Neurotic
You're totally right- it does take time. I've noticed that I'm getting more and more traffic from searches, and a lot of that just comes from the fact that I have written more. More words= more possible search term matches. Slowly, but surely, readership will follow good writing.
oh totally agree! when i first started I was obessed with how many followers i had but its true you really want readers, you just have to hope those followers actually read.
You now have a new follower AND reader!
I agree. I also write for an audience, not just to be added to someone's favorites list.

I see a comment below this one that we are a generation of skimmers. I saw a blog once that even said 'it's ok if you just look at my pictures and skip the text, I don't read everything either'.

I comment if I have something to say on the blog - I hope my readers do the same.
Ah-freaking- Men sister!

RSS

Welcome to 20SB!

Need Help?

Social

© 2014   Created by Lisa.   Powered by

|  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service