When I saw these strand of facebook it kinda shocked me the way people responded to it. So I was curious about what people around my age think about this.

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT ... If you cross the North Korean border illegally, you get 12 yrs. hard labor. If you cross the Afghanistan border illegally, you get shot. Two Americans just got eight years for crossing the Iranian border. If you cross the U. S. border illegally you get a job, a drivers license, food stamps, a place to live, health care, housing & child benefits, education, & a tax free business for 7 yrs ...No wonder we are a country in debt. Re-post if you agree!

Views: 368

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've read that before as well.  

It tries to make an issue like immigration black and white, even though it's much more complicated than that.  I typically don't engage in conversations about the topic because it's so complicated and heated.

I don't usually either, but my husband did. His words were so different from his families. It really disappointed me to see how they felt about the issue. I thought we had grown so much as Americans but some people are still so prejudice.

i have not seen this! but this is pretty crazy! to be honest...i dont know what to think about this... :-/

http://mscomposure.blogspot.com/

Hmm. I'm not sure how I'll be taken by everyone else but let me say first and foremost, I believe in immigration. I'm a fan of it (clearly!) and I think that multiculturalism is fantastic. But immigration has to be done the RIGHT way. And yes, there is such a thing. Yes, it takes a long time, its complicated and super expensive. If you can't follow a country's immigration laws and gain access legally, why are you gonna follow said country's other laws?

I like that US immigration is difficult because there is nothing wrong with being selective with who you let into your country. I personally think the UK is too lax with their law and that has only gotten worse since Europe decided to open its borders. I really don't know anyone who left the UK and went to live in Eastern Europe for a better life. 

I think in these economic times every country must put its citizens first. Perhaps that sounds selfish but I was raised to believe that charity starts at home. Because if I can't take care of myself, how can I take care of others. 

RSS

Welcome to 20SB!

Social

© 2014   Created by Lisa.   Powered by

|  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service