Alright, so it's not just pop punk that I'm looking for. It's flat out, unadulterated, generic-as-hell pop punk. Since I started working at Hot Topic (a guy's gotta eat...), I've been hearing a ton of unimpressive music that I really can't say anything about other than that it's incredibly fun to listen to; and that's more than enough for me to want to download it and find more just like it.

So, if you're in to the pop punk sort of genre, I'm definitely looking to find more bands out there doing there thing just like every other band out there that's also doing the same thing! My latest finds have been (every band that wants to sound like Paramore) Hey Monday, VersaEmerge, Vega Under Fire, and a few others that I forgot to check the names of when they came on the player at work. If you know those bands and have similar bands that you'd like to list, I'd certainly appreciate your reply!

On a completely different genre, if you're in to hardcore/post hardcore/metalcore/whatever the heck you want to call it, you should definitely check out This Or The Apocalypse's newest CD. It's fantastic. And if you love all the technical guitar-work of metal but aren't a fan of the vocals, check out I Am Abomination--all the brutal guitars you've been looking for and none of the screams. Just two gems I've found in the last two months through friends. Though... Totally not pop punk.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Kelly. Definitely pop punk. Love them. BUt that could be because I know the lead singer. Still. They're pretty good.
I definitely read that as "Hello Kitty" and got incredibly confused.

I'll give 'em a listen. :]
Haha most people read it that way.
LOL I did too!
freelance whales and hot hot heat
I feel like Hot Hot Heat is more in the alternative genre... But maybe that's because I was listening to them at the same time as The Vines and The Strokes and whatnot. I'll have to get them another shot.

I have yet to hear anything from Freelance Whales though, I'll check them out.
Oooh I forgot all about Hot Hot Heat.

RSS

Welcome to 20SB!

Social

© 2014   Created by Lisa.   Powered by

|  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service