Single Ladies - What is Stopping You From Finding the Love of Your Life?

Hello Single Ladies!

I am designing a group coaching program for single women called The Savvy Single Woman's Relationship Boot Camp, and would LOVE your input!

1. As a single woman, what are your biggest challenges in finding your life partner?

2. If you could design a program that would solve all your frustrations with being single and help you find the love of your life, what teachings would this program include?

3. What are your biggest dating challenges?

4. Where do you get stuck in trying to find and create an intimate relationship?

5. What do you think is keeping you single?

6. What resources do you wish were available to singles in your area that you just can't seem to find?

Although I have lots of juicy powerful tools that will help single women transform their thinking and their lives to create the optimum environment for attracting the love of their life, your feedback will help me design a program that is even more powerful - giving single women, like you, exactly what you're looking for!

Thanks so much for your input!

Lots of love,

Jessie May

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1. As a single woman, what are your biggest challenges in finding your life partner?

I agree with many others, once you're employed the 'where' is a big problem.  The only place to find men seems to be the pub, and silly and drunk is not always the best scenario for finding mr right.  Also the one you loved before can often haunt a girl, (me), and prevents you from taking that step forward and really getting out there.

2. If you could design a program that would solve all your frustrations with being single and help you find the love of your life, what teachings would this program include?

Ideas on where to meet people, suggestions on what to talk about (and what to really not talk about) on first dates, how to break it to someone in the beginning that it just doesn't click, stories from other people on what went wrong previously in order to learn something for future reference.  And Jessie had a good idea there on groups where single people get together in a casual setting, no pressure, just chatting and mingling.  

3. What are your biggest dating challenges?  Thinking too much about previous failed relationships and having trouble letting go.  And finding someone who I really like instantly.

4. Where do you get stuck in trying to find and create an intimate relationship?  Worrying if I'm going too fast, or perhaps too slow. Wanting too much confirmation that I'm not screwing things up. 

5. What do you think is keeping you single?  Right now, I'm still too stuck on my ex to be able to just go out there, without feeling crap about it.

6. What resources do you wish were available to singles in your area that you just can't seem to find? My town barely has any bars, and the ones that are there have mostly either old drunk men or teenage boys.  Neither of which I am interested in.  Also the bars don't seem to have the type of guys you'd like to take home.  A nice place, for young single people to hang out would be nice.

Thanks for your input Athena! I think it's true that carrying attachments and baggage from a past relationship can absolutely stand in your way of finding new love. When a past relationship isn't complete the vibe your sending out is: "I'm not available for love because my emotional energy is tied up somewhere else."

I understand your demographic, but I think it is sad that women out there feel like they need to be in a relationship to feel how.  We are powerful on our own without someone else holding up up.  On that note, I would never myself partake in your course, I would like to help you answer some of these questions.

1.Right now the biggest challenges in finding a partner is meeting new people that are actually interesting and are willing to try new things.  I find men are always trying to say the right answers and most women just want to be liked.  I am young at heart and with a lot of the activities that I like to be involved in, so it is hard to find a man that is the same way with life expearience to go along with it.

2.The only frustration with being single is when everyone else is on a "date night", but that is what a good movie and a glass of wine is for.  Or I go and take myself of a date night.

3. See #1

4.I don't have an issue with finding or creating an intimate relationship

5.I have chosen to be this way.  I was in a long term relationship and I need a to figure who I was.  I think that is the problem today.  Women have no idea who they truely are by themselves.  I have traveled the world alone and through that have relized that I like who I am and that I would be my friend.  I think I am finally ready, after 5 years, to put the time and effort into a relationship.

6.I live in a big city, so everything is just fine here.

I think it would be more powerful to help women discover who they are before telling them that to be whole they need someone else. 

"I will be no one's better half,  we will both be whole on our own"

Jennifer,

Thanks so much for your feedback, and I totally agree with you. I must not have been clear in this post, and for that I'm sorry. The basis of my course is actually to help women build and grow their confidence and self esteem, to help them realize that if what they want is a relationship, they first need to develop their relationship with themselves. They need to create a fabulous life that they LOVE and are truly happy living, because only then will they be ready to contribute fully to a relationship if that's what they want. I am absolutely NOT advocating that women need to be in a relationship to feel whole, or that women are not powerful on their own. I am helping women who want a relationship to feel whole and powerful on their own because it is my belief that when they feel this way, they will create the optimal environment for a relationship to thrive.

I find plenty of guys who seem interesting and stuff, but eventually I find too many things that I don't agree with, whether it be big things like their religion, or morals, or financial decisions, or little things, like their footy team or hair.  I think the other problem is I don't even know what I want, or even who I am, which makes making decisions awful. What if I decide to stick with this guy and he changes my whole future for the worst?

3. What are your biggest dating challenges?
I always end up talking too much about myself, or about my work (microbiology) and even I find myself annoying.

5. What do you think is keeping you single?

The fact that I keep moving; from England to Australia, from one city to another, from full-time work to backpacking to full-time studying...

I think that you're planning a great idea here!

My biggest challenge? Finding the time to meet someone outside of work. Also, coming to terms with the fact that I have to expand the pool of men I know to find that life partner. I always assumed it would be someone that would just be a part of my life so far. Well, that hasn't worked out so well.

Honestly, being the biggest introvert on the face of the earth, I could use the lesson on how to initiate conversation with a man I don't know.

My biggest challenge is selling myself, in a matter of speaking, as someone that a guy would like to know more.

I get stuck at the beginning. I'll see a guy and then I find that I don't know what to do after that. It's quite sad really.

I think it is my lack of self confidence that is holding me back. If I was more confidant, I don't think I would have the myriad of issues that I do.

It would be helpful to have a one stop list of all of the resources instead of having to hunt around and try to piecemeal it all together.

Ugh the only reason I can say that I am single is because I just moved to Seoul, South Korea for work about 4 months ago, and had no choice but to break up with my BF thus leaving me single, but not really either. I don't know its to complicated to explain. But over all I am CHOOSING to be single cause I do not (like he does) want to put effort into a long distance relationship, I have way to much on my plate as is, let alone having to handle a relationship overseas. NOT MY CUP OF TEA. Plus I love being single, I havent been single single since I was 14 and this is AMAZING.

No one to answer to, no one to have to explain why I was drunk at 5am singing spice girls songs and acting out show tunes on my driveway.

I think there comes a time in every lady's life that you kind of should just be by yourself. I don't think every single girl out there is single because they have some horrendous personality disorder that forces them to be.

Relationships I notice never happen when people go out searching for them. They should just kind of happen when you least expect it.

1. my abusive ex, my bipolar mom, and my problem with dating guys who don't want to commit.

2. how to meet and date the right kind of guy.

4. again, the commitaphobe thing. i'm now turning into my worst ex's.

5. not finding the right male counterpart.

6. BETTER BARS with non-douchey guys.

http://challengedromantic.blogspot.com/

I want an ipad too!!!!!!!!!

RSS

Welcome to 20SB!

Need Help?

Social

© 2014   Created by Lisa.   Powered by

|  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service