Hey there!

I thought it would be a cool idea to get some keystone state love going on and build a little blogging community. Answering some questions would help us to get to know each other.

1. What part as PA are you from? (If you don't feel comfortable being detailed that's fine)

2. Were you born and raised here? Or did you move to PA later in life?

3. What do you love about PA?

4. What do you hate about PA?

1. What part as PA are you from? (If you don't feel comfortable being detailed that's fine)

Hometown is in Central PA and I'm currently in Pittsburgh.

Born and raised.

The mountains and forests. So beautiful.

4. What do you hate about PA?

The constant road construction.

Tags: Pennsylvania, community, hometown

Views: 246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've only ever been to Philly once for a concert. My best friend goes to school there so I hope I can go visit sometime!
1. What part as PA are you from?---I'm from the Lehigh Valley. I grew up in the cities of Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton. I grew up in foster care (northampton county) so I've lived far away like in Mansfield, Scranton, Williamsport, and Stroudsburg. As an adult I lived in Philly and Harrisburg before moving to Buffalo, NY where my boyfriend is from.
2. Were you born and raised here? Or did you move to PA later in life?---I was born in Newport News, VA because my dad was at the Army base there. Ny mom was born in LI and raised in NJ but found herself in VA briefly where she got pregnant. My dad moved us to Bethlehem when I was 3 years old.
3. What do you love about PA?---Wawa, TastyKake, Turkey Hill, Dorney Park, Hershey Park, Knoebels haha! I love the location. If you love the northeast and Bos-Wash, and you want access to great cities as well as the ocean and great mountains and nature, this is the place. Not only that, PA is cheaper than other NE states. We have it all. I love PA!
4. What do you hate about PA?---Western PA. I never went further west than Lancaster (Amish Village school trip!). I've still never been to Pittsburgh. Eastern PA is a different world. We go to the shore, the Poconos, NYC, Philly, Baltimore (aquarium!!!), etc. I though PA was a cool state, but then I moved to Buffalo and now when I say I'm from PA, people actually call me a redneck! A redneck! No one from NJ or NYC area would ever say that. This leads me to believe it is an idea brought about by the weirdo yinzers out in Western PA. (Hey, it's "soda", not "pop".) Apparently people outside of the NJ/NY/DE area consider Pennsylvanians to be like Ohio people or something? Ew! One last thing: I hate how Penn State has the highest tuition for state schools in the entire country. It is triple the cost of SUNY or CUNY which is another reason I'm in Buffalo right now.

I forgot about Turkey Hill!  The chocolate peanut butter is amazing.  

Yeah I've noticed PA gets a bad rep but were not all rednecks, hicks, or Amish. For the record I hate Penn State its like a cult.
I know! My boyfriend, from New York, calls it Pennsyltucky. I've tried to explain there are more "hickish" places then PA. Just because we have Lancaster doesn't mean we are all amish. lol

I'm living in Pittsburgh right now.

I was born in Pittsburgh, but raised in WV. Now I'm back!

All the things that you can do. Kennywood, all of the museums, Carnegie Science Center, the local sports teams, Primanti Bro's, the mountains, camping sites, etc.

4. What do you hate about PA? The  road contruction that seems like it started when I was 5 and is still going on and our counties drink tax. Boo!

I live in Pitt too!

1. What part as PA are you from? I live in NEPA, in a small town near Scranton called Old Forge.

2. Were you born and raised here? Or did you move to PA later in life? I was born and raised in PA. I did move to FL for about 6 months but we came back.

3. What do you love about PA? I love being able to be around the "city" life without it being too chaotic as well as being able to escape back into my close-knit community whenever.

4. What do you hate about PA? There is barely anything to do, ever, but since I spend most of my time online it doesn't really affect me too much.

1. What part as PA are you from? (If you don't feel comfortable being detailed that's fine) South Eastern, near KOP

2. Were you born and raised here? Or did you move to PA later in life? Born in Lansdale, lived there for awhile, 2 yrs in Wildwood NJ, and PA ever since again.

3. What do you love about PA? Music scene, Philly zoo, KOP mall, art museum, sports teams, etc.. lots of access to so many things!

4. What do you hate about PA? Snowy winters!

I went to college at Eastern and I miss KOP so much!

Shh, I'm not currently living in PA, but seeing as I spent the first eighteen years of my life there, I think I'm still calling it "home"

I grew up around Erie, PA. Not quite in the city, but close enough that I could still go to Presque Isle whenever I wanted. I moved to Ohio for college, and somehow found myself in Mississippi for grad school (but I'm coming home in December!). After experiencing "fall" somewhere else, I can honestly say I love Pennsylvanian falls more than anything in the world. The colors, the smells, the temperatures = heaven. What do I hate about PA? Probably the extremely harsh snowbelt winters. Don't get me wrong, I love the snow, but it was nice to not get 12 feet of snow every winter.

RSS

Welcome to 20SB!

Need Help?

Social

© 2014   Created by Lisa.   Powered by

|  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service